MBNIS Neutered Champion Sandstock Littel Jake AFCh RE CD JD ET
(Delta Therapy Dog) (Herding Instinct Certified)
"Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
Jedi respect all life, in any form.
Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training."
Jedi... The perfect puppy. He joined our family and fit in immediately, never putting a paw wrong. By 10 weeks of age he had learned a significant repertoire of tricks and had an uncanny ability to pick up new behaviours as if he was able to read my mind. He made his debut in the Obedience ring at 18 months of age but like they say, nothing's perfect.
Not long after, Jedi became increasingly itchy to the point where 90% of his waking hours were spent scratching and chewing himself. He pulled his hair out and opened wounds in his skin with his own teeth.
In January 2010, Jedi was diagnosed with severe Atopic Dermatitis. At that point, I thought we would never get back in the ring. It was cruel to ask him to work with me when all he wanted to do was scratch... And even more heartbreaking when he would heel anyway, but on three legs while he scratched himself with the other. I just couldn't ask him to do it anymore. But thanks to Jedi's amazing vet dermatologist, Dr Peter Hill, Jedi's itchiness reduced enough for me to consider entering Jedi in a trial again. All I wanted was for Jedi to get through the heelwork without any scratching. Not only did he do that, but he passed the trial on 90/100... Since then, he has been taking the Obedience ring by storm!
We are now trialling in Open Obedience and regularly compete in Flyball and Agility. Jedi has also loved making a return to the show ring and gained his Neuter Championship title in March 2011 with multiple Best Neuter in Show and Best Neuter in Group wins. He also dabbles in Herding and is a much loved Delta Therapy Dog at a local aged care facility.
Jedi is my heart dog and I cannot imagine a world without him in it. Every day he manages to make me laugh and I can't wait to see what the rest of our journey together holds.
Points: 365 (last updated 29/06/2013)
- 7 August 2010 - Southerly Muster - 3rd (Division 3) & Judge's Pick (Division 3)
- 19 September 2010 - Pet Fest, Holroyd - 3rd (Division 4)
- 10 October 2010 - The Dish Licker Drags Flyball comp - 1st (Division 4)
- 26-27 February 2011 - Canberra Royal Flyball Comp - 3rd (Division 3)
- 3 April 2011 - Hounds in the Hills - 1st (Division 4)
- 22-23 April 2011 - Australian Flyball Nationals - 1st (Division 5) & 0.000 start & PB time (5.90 sec)
- 15 May 2011 - Dish Lickers Day at the Lake - 3rd (Division 2)
- 11 June 2011 - Jess's 21st Flyball Bash - 3rd (Division 4)
- 12 June 2011 - Chills in the Hills Flyball comp - 3rd (Division 5)
- 29 August 2011 - Southerly Muster Flyball comp - 2nd (Division 4)
- 18 September 2011 - Holroyd Petfest - 4th (Division 3)
- 11 March 2012 - Springtime Sprint - 3rd (Division 4)
- 6 April 2012 - Supercoat Friday Flyball Comp - 3rd (Division 3)
- 14 April 2012 - Supercoat Easter Flyball Variety - 3rd (Division 4)
- 24 June 2012 - PICSI Bare Bones - 1st (Division 4)
- 28 July 2012 - Southerly Christmuster - 6th (Division 2)
- 23-24 February 2013 - Canberra Royal Flyball - 3rd (Division 3)
- 10 March 2013 - Hounds in the Hills - 1st (Division 5)
- 25 May 2013 - Dapto Dishlickers - 1st & Champion's Trophy
- 29 June 2013 - Chills in the Hills - 1st (Division 3)
ADAA Agility ('The Jedi Knight')
Photo by M Gurney 2010
- 3 May 2009 - Herding Instinct Certificate
17 October 2010
- 26 September 2010 - Runner Up Neuter in Show (Keeshond Club of Victoria Specialty Show)
- 16 October 2010 - Open Neuter in Group (Tuggerah Lakes - Mr P Thompson)
- 17 October 2010 - Open Neuter in Group & BEST NEUTER IN SHOW (Tuggerah Lakes - Mr B Harris)
- 5 November 2010 - Open Neuter in Group (Northern All Breeds - Mr M Arthur)
- 6 November 2010 - Open Neuter in Group; BEST NEUTER IN SHOW (Northern All Breeds - Mrs W Baker)
- 5 December 2010 - Open Neuter in Group (Ladies Kennel Assoc of NSW - Mrs D Wright)
- 10 December 2010 - Open Neuter in Group; BEST NEUTER IN SHOW (Walcha KC - Mr M Gunter)
- 11 December 2010 - Open Neuter in Group (Walcha KC - Mrs K Eldred)
- 12 December 2010 - Open Neuter in Group, BEST NEUTER IN SHOW (Walcha KC - Mrs R Ralphs)
- 20 February 2011 - Open Neuter in Group (Hawkesbury Kennel Club - Miss A Roth)
- 5 March 2011 - Open Neuter in Group (Milton Show Society - Mrs L Buckley)
- 26 April 2011 - Open Neuter in Group (County of Cumberland - Dr T Udenberg (Canada))
- 7 May 2011 - Open Neuter in Group, BEST NEUTER IN SHOW (Bathurst District KC - Mr D McGreevy)
- 8 May 2011 - Open Neuter in Group (Bathurst District KC - Mrs M Webber)
- 13 November 2011 - Open Neuter in Group (Campbelltown & District KC - Mrs J Mayne)
- 26 November 2011 - Open Neuter in Group (Hills District K&TC - Mr J Doyle)
- 4 December 2011 - Open Neuter in Group (Ladies Kennel Association of NSW - Mr K Meredith)
- 22 December 2012 - Open Neuter in Group (DogsNSW Christmas Show - Mrs S Brackman)
Dianne Atkins Award for Highest Achievement in Canine Competition - Hills District Training & Kennel Club
Gold Medal for Companion Dog (CD) Obedience - Hills District Training & Kennel Club
Gold Medal for Community Companion Dog (CCD) Obedience - Hills District Training & Kennel Club